Spilling life over a cup of coffee...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A whisper over the coffee



I intend to keep it short.

I have realized that though keeping an expectation in a relationship can be heart-breaking at times; but what shatters the most is when I get to know that there is no expectation from me from the person I care. That may not be justified but this is exactly what I feel at times.

I do understand a nurturing relationship but I will be truthful, I do not understand the extent to which it has nurtured at a given point of time. Instances have been there when a free-flowing comment of mine had hurt the person to the extent of wetting their eyes with tears. As I said I care about that person and I feel bad (and stupid) of being so senseless to pass such a comment. I try to ease the person but I cannot take back my comment and relief the person of the pain that I caused. Yes I do feel bad and helpless.

But contrary to it I also feel good; obviously not because of hurting the person; but because of the realization that my comment matters and this clearly indicates that (may be not much) but I do matter to the person I care. I am satisfied of my presence in that person’s life and that sort of responsibility gives an immense pleasure.

As I said I may not be good at understanding the extent of my existence in someone’s life but these incidents obviously helps me to understand it.

Image Cutesy: Click here for image source

No comments: