Spilling life over a cup of coffee...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The bitter sip of coffee



The coffee today is bitter. I usually mix some sugar when that happens but I do not feel like doing it right now. Just thinking how tough it is to accept the fact that it is different.

Outside my room I meet a world where there is a race of people who believe being different is the key; I too belong to that race. I compete with myself to stand out of the crowd day in and day out; it is a kind of motivation. Being different rules so vehemently that I follow it blindly. And now when I open my eyes and look at the entire tribe then I find I am in a crowd of differently-ordinary people.

It seemed like a long time when I was listening to someone and could relate it so well. I could relate to the words the feelings and the expressions. I have surely had them once; if not exactly then astonishingly similar. I was listening to an ordinary person who without actually speaking asked me - "If being an ordinary is about being oneself, is it bad?"
"Definitely not" - I would have answered it if I was to but that question was never asked.
After the conversation there was an emptiness in my mind. Somewhere I felt I have been suppressing the part of myself which is naturally different and enforcing the difference that the world ought to see. How could I miss seeing that.

Well I did not realize that I finished my coffee. Oh wait there is a single sip left.......

but why it does not seem to be bitter anymore?


Image Cutesy - nashuatelegraph

No comments: