Spilling life over a cup of coffee...

Friday, March 12, 2010

Unendingly Yours



It had been an hour thinking of you. What do I write to you? There is not a word left untold and there is nothing to confess. You know me inside out.

The pages pattered noisily by the wind as I watched the stretch of lonely road from the terrace. Suddenly a vehicle almost appearing from nowhere zoomed over it. I felt sad. I understand that it is quite stupid of me to say but I have seen no one say -“Hey ROAD, thanks a lot man. You make my life so easy”. Is it because it is a dead stretch of tar or because it never demands a “thank you”?

I do not really understand what are my thoughts up to? Why do I feel so lost after meeting you after such a long time? You had always been there for me though there were times I failed to appreciate your presence. You never complained. And if I fail tonight, will you complain? You see I am scared.

Life had been cruel to our relationship but our purity had always strengthened the bond between us leaving the cruelty totally helpless. You have always been a shield to all the problems and pain approaching me. But I do not intend to write a thank-you note to you. You don’t need it. You are like the ocean to me who never complains about the salinity. It cleans the shore decorating it with the pebbles and shells with its beauty intact. Your beauty, like the ocean lies deep within, so divine.
You are no God. You have tears, I have seen them. Still then I always knew you were different. You deserved something great. May be you felt me imposing over you that difference. And you said to me looking deep into my eyes – “I am no different. I live my life bit by bit. I glean every bit of my small happiness. I do not wish to miss them for the bigger one”. I do not think I have ever heard anything so pristine.

I always felt like a child at your hands. You induced me with numerous feelings and qualities which i have imbibed that i later realized have contributed to my identity. I hugged you and you read my indebted eyes –“You deserved it. I just made sure you have them” is all you said in your placid voice.

There are many things that I wish to pen down but it will be a mere repetition. You know it all, isn’t it, even if I have missed saying few of them?

We lived every day with a hope. I felt it when you held my hand and circled round the temple paying regards to the hope that we shall meet one day. I feel so blessed when I see that hope transforming to faith as you are still awake with me in this dawn as I talk to you through this letter. Though you had no reason to strain your eyes but you knew that I will write to you.

Unendingly Yours


Image Cutesy: Click here to go to image page

No comments: